He·ro -a man of distinguished courage...

/
0 Comments

he·ro 

-

a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.

Anne-girl from Scribbling of my Pen is hosting a Hero Week.
As part of hero week,she says to list your top 10 literary/movie heroes.I had a bit of a hard time, but here they are:
              
WARNING:there are a few spoilers and I didn't have time to mark them all.

                                                 
                                                   1
                          Sir Percy Blakeney and Mr Fitzwilliam Darcy  
                          (Anthony Andrews as Sir Percy in The Scarlet Pimpernel 1982)

 I couldn't decide which one.I mean,Sir Percy is the BEST,and then my Austen side starts saying "What about Mr. Darcy?!"
(Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy in Pride and Prejudice 1995)

Sir Percy is self-sacrificing and willing to die to save other people from death,risking his own life.
 Mr Darcy risks his own reputation to save the reputation of the woman he loved.

                                                          2
                                                     Gilbert Blythe
                   (Jonathan Crombie as Gilbert Blythe in Anne of Green Gables 1985)

Gilbert is so generous in giving up his school for Anne.And He's no afraid of Anne's temper. (I'm sure I would be.)

                                         3
                                   Mr. Knightley
                                         (Johnnie Lee Miller as Mr. Knightley in Emma 2009)

 Mr. Knightley is a gentleman,he is kind,polite,caring and he's not one of those "I told                                                                                             you so" people.When Frank's engagement is discovered,he doesn't say to Emma "See I was right.",but he comforts her because he thinks she's got a broken heart.He is,as Miss Dashwood puts it, A Knightley in Shining Armour.

                                                4
                                       Edward Ferrars
                                         (Hugh Grant as Edward Ferrars in Sense & Sensibility 1995)

Edward is one of the most chivalrous men I've read about.He is willing to stand by a promise he made even if it costs him his happiness.

                                                  5
                                      Mr. John Thornton
                                        (Richard Armitage as Mr. Thornton in North & South 2004)

I must admit that at first I thought he was quite ugly *ducks rotten tomatoes*.But then he isn't so bad after all.I admire his firm stand against speculation,even if it means that he loses everything,because if it went wrong,the workers would suffer.And I pity him because he has to listen to his sister sing.

                                                    6
                                      Nathaniel Bowditch
                                                          
Nathaniel was so persistent and persevering even though he faced so many trials and disappointments in life.He used his mathematical gift to help other sailors better themselves.

                                          7
                                       Jem Wilson from Mary Barton
                                       (no picture)
Jem was so caring for Mary even though she had refused him,he risked being hanged for something he didn't do,to save the father of the girl he love.

                                             8
                                       Henry Tilney
                                             (J.J. Feild as Henry Tilney in Northanger Abbey 2007)

He's humorous,witty and amusing.And he likes to read,that definitely puts him on my favourite list.

                                                9
                                            Col. Pickering
                                              
                                 (Wilfrid Hyde-White as Col. Pickering in My Fair Lady 1964)


Even though Eliza is a common flower girl,He treats her as if she were a lady,that's what I admire about him.

                                                  10
                                             Sherlock Holmes
                                                             
He solves mysteries,that about sums it up.

I hope you enjoyed it and please leave a comment telling me what you think about my top ten heroes.

God Bless,
Jillian


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Some Interesting Blogs:

About Me

My photo
Perth, W.A., Australia
I am 15 years old and a daughter of The Most High and I want to glorify the Lord in everything I do, as a daughter to the best mother ever and as friend to the most awesome friends on the planet. A few of my many obsessions include reading extensively, anything and everything British, talking (especially with a British accent), The Scarlet Pimpernel, costume reproduction and musical theatre. I blog about my life,books and lots of other random stuff. I hope you enjoy this blog. God Bless. Jill B

People Who Put Up With My Ramblings




Are you?

Are you?

Some Good Advice

Some Good Advice

Committed To Purity

Committed To Purity
"A woman's heart should be so lost in God that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her." -Author Unknown

Just So Stories

Photobucket.jpg>

Translate

Sink Me!

Sink Me!

Search This Blog

Cool!



This test brought to you by Blakeney Manor.
Find out:Which Scarlet Pimpernel character are you?

Couture for Christ